The Park Theatre first opened in Jaffrey on May 1, 1922, by Romolo Vanni. It was the center of community life as a movie and vaudeville house for 54 years until it closed in 1976.
Purchased by newly formed Park Theatre nonprofit in 2006, it has been rebuilt as a state-of-the-art film and performing arts center, featuring two auditoriums seating 433, presenting movies, live theater, including children’s productions, concerts, and lectures as well as offering a place for business and community gatherings for the Monadnock Region and its 100,000 residents, school districts and dynamic artistic community. The new theatre complex began construction in January 2019 and was completed in 2020. It opened to the public on August 5, 2021.
The Park Theatre is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable corporation. Our IRS EIN number is 20-3053280.